The popularity of CBD has grown a lot and there is no doubt about the positive impacts it has.Even though there are still many studies ongoing, some research already shows clear benefits.
1. CBD REDUCES ANXIETY:
More than 58 million people in the USA are affected by chronic stress and anxiety. Due to special physical effects, the right dose of CBD can lower anxiety in the human body, as a study suggests.
2. CBD HELPS AGAINST SEIZURES:
Studies found that the side effects of epilepsy can have origins in defects in the endocannabinoid system. In this case the regulatory system is damaged or it is not able to regulate the nervous system. CBD interacts with that system, which can help to prevent excited brain cells firing abnormally.
3. CBD CAN LOWER DEPRESSION:
Several trials have shown that CBD affects the body’s endocannabinoid system and helps to keep a balanced mood and lowers depression.
4. NEUROPROTECTIVE PROPERTIES:
Even though there is still more research necessary, CBD has neuroprotective properties which means that CBD can help protect the nervous system from problems caused by damage or head trauma. These neuroprotective properties of CBD are acknowledged by the National Institutes of Health in Patent #6,630,507.
5. CBD COMBATS CANCER:
Studies have shown that CBD can sometimes kill but also block the growth of cancer cells. Especially in the case of breast cancer CBD showed a number of positive effects against tumor cells.
- Marijuana, endocannabinoids, and epilepsy: potential and challenges for improved therapeutic intervention
- Effects of ipsapirone and cannabidiol on human experimental anxiety
- Antidepressant-Like and Anxiolytic-Like Effects of Cannabidiol: A Chemical Compound of Cannabis sativa
- CBD Has Antioxidant and Neuroprotective Properties. What Does That Mean?
- Cannabidiol Induces Programmed Cell Death in Breast Cancer Cells by Coordinating the Cross-talk between Apoptosis and Autophagy